Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Ving Tsun Book

 I know, this blog is primarily about Jeet Kune Do.  I would do you a disservice if I didn't briefly touch upon the imminent release of a great new book on the martial art of Ving Tsun (also spelled Wing Chun). 

Bruce Lee trained in Ving Tsun from age 13 under Ip Man, but it was one of Ip Man's senior students who did most of the teaching to Bruce, Wong Shun Leung.   

Now a book on this art in Wong Shun Leung lineage is being published, co written by my own Jeet Kune Do instructor, James ter Beek.  


How do I know it's a great book if it's not even published yet? 

Aside from the fact that I know he's a good teacher, I've also helped a little bit in proof reading some of the text etc so I have had first glance on the content ;-)  Believe me, this book will have pride of place in your library.  Pre-Order here.

https://www.vtkf.nl/vingtsunbook?lang=en 


Walk On! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The need for high kicks in JKD

  Years ago, I was intensively training in Taekwon-Do.  The first thing many people associate with TKD are the spectacular high kicks often ...