Thursday, January 4, 2024

Private classes or not?

 Recently I made the decision to start offering my services as a JKD trainer for private customers. I'm not cheap, but not expensive either. Don't think that private training is similar in cost to class room training. It is about 2.5x more but keep in mind that I spend the same amount of time on just you rather than a group of people and that I potentially have to travel much further to get to your home/training location.

I want the private time I sacrifice (I do have a day job) to be worth my while and take students that are serious about their training, but there are those that simply cannot make it to the regular classes.  Reasons can be their personal circumstances, work schedules, or perhaps they are celebrities that value their privacy and want to keep them selves to them selves. 

Training privately has it's pros and cons. Lessons can be more intense as you'll get my undivided attention for the whole session and progression can be quicker therefore.  On the negative side are that you will need to have training space at home (not a full blown gym per-se, but at least a spacious garage/garden/patio or are able to hire a space somewhere for us) and you do not get the variety of workout partners that can be beneficial to your evolution as a martial artist. 

Alternative is obviously that you do both the classroom AND private sessions. 

So is it for you? Its a question only you can answer. Do you have the space, do you have the commitment?  Drop me a line if your answer is yes to these questions. 

Walk On!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The need for high kicks in JKD

  Years ago, I was intensively training in Taekwon-Do.  The first thing many people associate with TKD are the spectacular high kicks often ...